Sunday, July 2, 2017

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {193}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)


Here's the goods for this week! ;)
For review:
No Good Deeds by Kara Connolly
Oh this looks fun---a modern girl gets sucked back to Robin Hood times and kicks butt with her crazy-good archery skills. Huzzah! 
Murder, Magic, and What We Wore by Kelly Jones
Excited for all the gowns and magic and Victorian shenanigans!! xD

Thank you, PRH for these two!!

From Trades: 
Invictus by Ryan Graudin
The Last Namsara by Kristen Ciccarelli
So excited for both of these. Sad, though, these two took a beating in the mail, especially Namsara. It seriously looks like the package was sat on sideways. Not cool, PO. I put them in the book press at work for a few days and it helped, but they are still a bit wavy.  Still, awesome to have them!!

Bought:
Rebel Magisters by Shawna Swendson
Rebel Rising by Shawna Swendson
I've been wanting to buy these for so long! I have no idea why these two were not published traditionally, because the first book, Rebel Mechanics was so awesome! You can check out my review here. 

See my Rose Tyler FunkoPop there? She wanted to hang out with all the bad-ass chicks in this week's book haul :D

The Weekly Nutshell 
This week turned out to be all about the Best Kind of Magic series LOL. I posted my review of this absolutely adorable book on Friday, but for my WoW pick this week, I also chose the upcoming sequel, The Sweetest Kind of Fate.  Also this week, I posted my monthly "What's New" list featuring the amazing list of books coming out in July. 

This week I'm reading the Disappearances---really enjoying this one.  I had no idea it was going to be set in the 40s, but it just added another layer of interest to this beautiful writing for me.  Not sure what is next, but I'm still listening to Caraval on audiobooks and really loving it.  

Hope everyone is have a wonderful week! And Happy 4th of July to my friends in the states! :D

0 comments :

Post a Comment