Saturday, June 24, 2017

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {192}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)

It's been awhile since I've done one of these, in fact I haven't done one all this month!! So lets catch up!  How have you all been?? xD Getting lots of good reading done and enjoying much better weather than I have been here, I hope. UGH with the 108 degree heat already. Please tell me if you live somewhere that doesn't get over 85. I may become your neighbor. :/


So these are all the lovely things I've gotten this month so far.  Some of these were on my list of most highly anticipated books, so let the happy dancing commence!!  I've been amazingly lucky in finding some really awesome trades lately---first pic is all trades! 

From Trades:
That cover. That cryptic synopsis. Fae. Ravens. SWOON
I LOVED The Forgetting so hard. So excited for this companion novel. ♥.♥
This looks so fun, and the cover is just gorgeous! (I have no idea why I love umbrellas so much LOL)
A recent WoW pick...nothing like a good southern gothic. 
I've read a few of this authors books---always enjoy them. 
I've heard this book is just beautifully written--can't wait to see for myself!
Aaaaaaagh---I can't express my insane excitement to have this Practical Magic prequel in my hands!!!
Another recent WoW pick--sisters, graveyards, family secrets...just my cuppa ;)
Cynthia Hand is one my favorites. I have never felt anything less than completely adoration for everything she's written. So, obviously---happy dance!!  :D

From Publisher/Author:
This was a total surprise and I think I stared in awe and disbelief for a good ten minutes when I unpacked this one. LOL
This story looks awesome, but I'll admit---it's the cover that has me smitten xD
This has me so curious!! Especially since I've never read this well-loved author. *hides*
I adore this exciting historical series so far, so I can't wait to read this one! 
Looks so creepy! Spooky mansions, girls in mirrors,...looks like a perfect one to save for Halloween!
This makes me think of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas---sounds like an interesting historical read!
Another author I always really enjoy! The first book in this series was so good!
A family whose lives revolve around fears and phobias---this should be fun! LOL

Huge thanks to Penguin Random House, Flatiron Books, Tor Books, Abrams, Sarah Beth Durst, and all the amazing people I traded with!!

The Weekly Nutshell
This week I posted my WoW pick, The Forgotten Book by Mechthild Gläser--click on over to see one gorgeous cover!!  On Friday I featured Julie Buxbaum's new contemp novel, What To Say Next and I'm offering up an international giveaway for a finished copy! 

It's been a super busy month all around and I feel so bad that I am reading slow as molasses (even more so than my usual slow pace lol) and reviewing even slower.  I finished Carmer & Grit last week and I'm hoping to have my review up soon. This week I'm finishing up Best Kind of Magic (super cute read!) and starting Wild Beauty which, by the way, I have a giveaway happening on Twitter for right now!! Click here to enter to win an ARC and one of my Wildflower Alice book Sleeves!  (and yes, I did pair them together because they just match so perfectly haha)
I also started listening to Caraval on audiobook, and it's absolutely amazing so far. Highly recommend. 

That's all for this week! Happy reading, all! :D

0 comments :

Post a Comment