Sunday, December 11, 2016

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {178}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)


Here's my newest goodies hanging out with Beast & Belle & Alice :)
For review:
Sounds so intriguing---as long as it's not to crazy violent, I'll be okay. xD
Came highly recommended by my Penguin fairy :)
This looks amazing. And I've never read this author but have heard great things!

From trades:
Claudia Gray writing a sci-fi space romance--not sure how that could go wrong EVER. 
This sounds like Downton Abbey with a magical fantasy twist---which, of course, I NEED in my life.
I've gotten my hands on all three---its time to binge read the series! :D

Many thanks to Penguin, Bloomsbury, and my lovely trading partners for filling my mailbox with happiness these past two weeks!! :)


The Weekly Nutshell
recent posts:
"What's New" December New Releases & Giveaway
Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read in 2016
Waiting on Wednesday: Umberland by Wendy Spinale

Ugh, still so behind on writing reviews--my brain has pretty much been taken up with Christmas, work, and trying to staying healthy with two coughing kids in the house.  Keep fingers crossed for me, people---I absolutely hate being sick during the holidays! :(
This week I finished up Alchemists of Loom, which was pretty amazing. It was my first read by Elise Kova, but it definitely won't be my last.  Started Timekeeper which is basically oozing charm from page one. ♥  And then it's on to Wayfarer after that!  I can't wait to see what happens after that cliffhanger ending in Passenger!
I'm finishing packing up my gifts for #TBTBSanta. It was my first year participating and it has been soooooo fun shopping and figuring out a fun way to reveal myself. I got partnered with someone who has so many of my same fandoms, so that made the shopping extra fun (and challenging, trying not to buy one for me and one for her LOL).  And I can't wait to see who got me! Plus following the hashtag has been fun, too, interacting with other Santas :D If you didn't get in on it this year, I highly recommend jumping in next year!

Have a great week, everyone! And stay safe out there. ♥

0 comments :

Post a Comment