Sunday, October 23, 2016

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {174}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)


Here's what's new on my shelves these past two weeks:
For review:
Given to the Sea by Mindy McGinnis
So excited for this one, it looks fantastic!!
Journey's End by Rachel Hawkins
Always, always look forward to new stuff from Rachel Hawkins!
A Good Idea by Cristina Moracho
Is there anything creepier than a dingy old bathtub in the woods? (Or anywhere, really lol)
The Castle in the Mist by Amy Ephron
The Ephrons---seriously how does so much talent come out of one family??
Addison Cooke and the Treasure of the Incas by Jonathan W. Stokes
I featured this fun adventure a few days ago--see below for link!
The Haunted House Project by Tricia Clasen
This sounds so heartfelt and sweet, I need to read this soon. 
The Weaver by Emme Itaranta
Intrigued by this one! It's a been a long time since I picked up a dystopian (I think this one is?) I may try this out!
Something in Between by Melissa De La Cruz
I almost past this over as too contemp for my taste, until I saw it's about a Filipino family! I definitely need to find time for this one.  


Huge thanks to Penguin, Harper Voyager, Harlequin Teen, & Sky Pony Press for these!

The Weekly Nutshell:
recent posts:
Review: A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess
Review & Giveaway: Every Hidden Thing by Kenneth Oppel
Spotlight: Addison Cooke & the Treasure of the Incas
Waiting on Wednesday: The Spellbook of the Lost and Found
Review: Yesternight by Cat Winters

I'm writing this as fast as my fingers will go lol--my darn internet connection keeps cutting in and out UGH.  It's been a good couple of weeks...finally starting to feel a little more energetic and like myself . And then my hubby comes down with a cold, so I'm avoiding his germs like the plague xD. I can't imagine getting cold-sick after being practically house-bound for over a month. That. would. SUCK. 
Guys, I've been tearing through Heartless this week. And it's so good, but as I near the end, it is just tearing my heart right out.  I'm also listening to the audiobook of Foxheart and loving that as well. Such a good narrator---I highly recommend!  Next up for me is Unnatural Things and Journey's End

What are you reading this week?

0 comments :

Post a Comment