Sunday, July 10, 2016

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {167}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)


Here's what graced my doorstep these past two weeks!
For review:
The Woman in the Photo by Mary Hogan
Looks interesting! About a young woman during the Johnstown Flood and her present-day descendant who finds her photo.  

From Trades:
Scythe by Neal Schusterman
SO excited for this one! Love reapers stories. Did anyone else love the show Dead Like Me? :D
Fate of Flames by Sarah Raughley
This looks like a fun elemental powers story! Love those! :)

Also this week, I received two gorgeous coloring books---part of  a new line coming from Doubleday Books for Young Readers.  The full Coloring Classics line will include a selection of favorite classics, also including Pride and Prejudice, Wuthering Heights, and A Christmas Carol!  These are so beautiful and well-done, I can't wait to see the rest of them!


What's New: July YA Release List & Giveaway!

So, after a nice little Fourth of July bash, this week was just a plain ol' boring week of work and daily mundanities.  That makes for some good reading time, though. I read Scarlet & Ivy: The Lost Twin and really enjoyed it! Such a fun middle grade mystery. Then I started Love Charms and other Disasters, and I'm really loving being back in the quirky world of Grimbaud with these characters. I'm about halfway through now. :)

What's everyone reading this week?  

0 comments :

Post a Comment