Sunday, December 27, 2015

December Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {149}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)

Hi, Everyone! :D  It's been awhile! I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful holiday.  Since I haven't done a book haul post since the end of November, this is not just a weekly book haul, this is all my new goodies from the whole month of December! 
So, while I wasn't blogging, I was still online and on Twitter during this month! The left stack is all trades, and the right is all for review from the publishers.

And while I am so excited for every single one the trade books, and most of those review books (though, I will admit, some I'd never heard of until they came through my mail slot lol), these next books were ones that I absolutely flipped out when I opened those lovely packages!! :D 
 The end of one of my favorite series of all time, and four of my most anticipated books of 2016!!  *sigh* I'm so grateful, guys. SO so excited for all of these.  

Trades:

For review: 

Big whopping amounts of gratitude to everyone who traded books with me this month! I have met such lovely people through trades! :D  And to the publishers who sent me wonderful things to review: Harper Collins, Penguin, Disney-Hyperion, Bloomsbury, and Merit Press. 


The Weekly Nutshell
So obviously, I sort of fell off the face of the earth this month.  It's been a tough month---hell, it's been a tough YEAR for my family--and at the end of November we got hit with one more thing. Something big and nightmarish and life-unraveling. And while I don't want to go into detail, I'll just say that I took the month to wrap my head around things and put all my energy into family.  On top of that my work schedule was completely upheaved and then there was the chaos of the holidays---it seemed like a good time to just take a break and see where everything fit back into my life. ♥  And I'm finally feeling like I'm ready to jump back in.  To wrap up the year and catch up with reviews! 

I have been doing a bit of reading, albeit slowly and when I had the energy and mindset to concentrate. Curio was a miss for me. Kind of a bummer because I was pretty excited for that one.  I did find a new favorite it Rebel of the Sands---WOW, guys, this book is so good!  And now I'm reading Their Fractured Light and loving it so far, though my heart just breaks at the thought of this incredible series coming to an end!

Also, thanks to everyone who entered my Thanksgiving-aways!! All the winners have been contacted and announced. 

It's almost time to say goodbye to 2015, guys!! That just completely blows my mind! 
Have a great week, everyone---it feels good to be back to blogging! :D



0 comments :

Post a Comment