Sunday, November 29, 2015

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {148}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)


This is my last two weeks worth of goodies!
From #booksfortrade:
The Mirror King by Jodi Meadows
So excited!! Thanks so much, Brittany! :D

Won:
The Steep & Thorny Way by Cat Winters
Eeeee, new Cat Winters book. She is absolutely one of my favorite authors.

For review:
Curio by Evangeline Denmark
Reading this one now. Really enjoying this so far!
Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee
This looks incredible. A story of diversity set around the 1906 San Francisco earthquake.
Map of Fates by Maggie Hall
Really enjoyed book one! Can't wait to see what happens next!
Half in Love with Death by Emily Ross
Set in the 60s, this one looks like it's got a creepy twist to it!
Rules for 50/50 Chances by Kate McGovern
Excited for this one! Oh and don't forget to enter to win your own copy here


The Weekly Nutshell:
In case you missed these last few posts:
Fantastic Fives! Interview & Giveaway
Waiting on Wednesday: Siren's Song by Mary Weber
And be sure to visit all of the 2015 Thanksgiving-Away Posts:
Win a Signed Winter by Marissa Meyer!
Win a choice of my 2016 most-anticipated pre-orders!
Win a Mystery Box of 2015 titles!

Hope everyone who celebrates Thanksgiving had a wonderful holiday!  Ours was nice--lots of food & family.  I don't even want to think how much pie and cookies I ate. LOL  This week I finished up reading The Love That Split the World. It was good, but I found I didn't love it as much as I'd hoped I would, but I know some others are really loving this one.  So maybe it's just me--after all this week was pretty awful, I dare say one of the worst weeks of my life. To say I was emotionally distracted would be an understatement.  So it might not have been fair to be reading much of anything.  Now, I'm reading Curio and enjoying it, but I'm still in the first 50 pages, so we'll see how it goes!

The holiday season is official kicked-off, my friends!! Stay safe and warm out there! :D

0 comments :

Post a Comment