Thursday, July 30, 2015

Old Books, New Looks {14}

Time again for another round of Old Books, New Looks, where I feature the covers of books that have already been released and their redesigned paperback counterpart! :) Sometimes I like the new better, sometimes I like the old. Here's a few that I've come across lately:


  The OLDIES  vs.  The NEWBIES 
Definitely an improvement. The first one has such a cheesy early 90s vibe.

Hm. Undecided. I like them both. Though I lean toward the original.

It's quite a change--though neither one screams out READ ME to me.


I think I actually prefer the illustrated cover.  The Rainbow Rowell-illustrated cover trend has definitely taken YA by storm. :) In a good way.

I really like both of these, but I think I like the original just a bit more. Makes me think of Breakfast Club. :)

A perfect example of how font treatments can make such a huge difference. Original wins it for me. Can't imagine why they bothered to change it!
 

The first was simple and interesting, but I always thought it looked a little blah. While I don't love the new one either, their makeup definitely makes me think MERMAIDS!

Loved the original---simple design and gorgeous font. I think the new one has grown on me since I first saw it, it's pretty, but I still love the impact and originality of the first. 

What do you think of these cover changes?  Which do you prefer..oldies or newbies?

0 comments :

Post a Comment