Thursday, October 9, 2014

Old Books, New Looks {12}

Time again for another round of Old Books, New Looks, where I feature the covers of books that have already been released and their redesigned paperback counterpart! :) Sometimes I like the new better, sometimes I like the old. Here's a few that I've come across lately:

The OLDIES  vs.  The NEWBIES

I like them both, actually. Love the simple original, but the hug and flowery paper is so sweet on the new one! To those who read it, does it fit the story?

I enjoyed the book, but I kind of thought the original cover was a bit cheesy. I like the simple, slightly retro feel of the new one, but I don't actually love either.

 LOL, her face makes me laugh and kind of sets a quirky feel for the story.  The original has a young, almost MG feel to it, so the new one wins for me. 

You definitely get a clearer idea about the story from the original, but the pasted on feel of the girl over the illustration and the sky never quite worked for me. Hm...undecided.

They definitely went with a cool retro feel for the new one, but I really like the girl's profile and the shiny headphones with the bold font over it. 

The original portrayed the kind of sterile, sci-fi chilling story I expect from this one,...the new one is pretty but makes it look more like a beach romance. 

The new cover isn't that different, but why change what was already perfect??


What are your thoughts?? If you've read any of these, do you feel like one cover fits better than the other?

6 comments :

  1. I really don't like the changes in the new cover for The Winner's Curse . . . it just looks weird to me. I love the original cover of Vitro! The new one doesn't stand out. I kinda prefer the new cover for A Mad, Wicked Folly, but I'm undecided on whether I prefer it too. The only new cover I definitely prefer is Don't Even Think About It. It makes me a tiny bit more interested in reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for awesome post :D Thank you for sharing all these beautiful covers. <3 Hih, I love the new Vitro cover the most :D SO GORGEOUS. But I do like them both. Heh, it is kind of a beach romance, though, in a small way :) The Winner's Curse. SO PRETTY. I'm not sure why they had to change it either, hmph. But I do like the new cover. <3 cannot wait to own it as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the new cover of Vitro will appeal to a wider audience - by which I mean people like me who need a good helping on romance with their YA! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morgan @ Gone with the WordsOctober 10, 2014 at 11:31 AM

    I guess the redesign did its job for once because now I'm curious about How to Love! I think the new cover is really sweet. I like the new This Song Will Save Your Life cover too! Striking.

    Unfortunately I haaate A Mad Wicked Folly's pb cover. It looks drab and uninteresting. I'm much more intrigued by the pop of color and the painting feel of the original. Not a fan of the Winner's Curse pb either. It was so great already and the minor changes don't add much in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buzz Kill and Vitro I like the changes for. The rest I don't like, especially for This Song Will Save Your Life. I love the original cover!

    ReplyDelete