Saturday, March 8, 2014

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {80}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)

Here's what's new to my shelves this week:
 Bought: 
The Seers by Julianna Scott
Book one of this series actually made it to my top books list for 2013...can't wait to start this!

For Review: 
Dead Silent by Sharon Jones
 Dead Jealous started this series off great, and this one looks even better!
The Mirk and Midnight Hour by Jane Nickerson
 Looking forward to another eerie atmospheric read like Strands of Bronze and Gold!
Don't Even Think About It by Sarah Mlynowski
Nice to have a finished copy! I reviewed the ARC and that will be up this week!
Never Ending by Martyn Bedford
This looks really good--though the character that is dead shares my youngest son's name...not sure I could handle that. :(
This looks really cute---I haven't read this author before!

Many thanks to Hachette UK and Random House for these!

The Weekly Nutshell 

{Tuesday} Waiting on Wednesday: The Last Changeling
{Wednesday} Review: Dorothy Must Die
{Friday} Review: Tsarina

 Aw, guys, it's daylight savings time here in the US...and not the good one where we gain an hour (another reason I favor fall lol) but the crappy one where we "spring ahead" and lose a precious hour of sleep. Boooo.  This week I read Don't Even Think About It---such a cute story so look out for my review this week. And I'm half-way through Winner's Curse, and I hate to admit I'm not enjoying it as much as I'd hoped. I know I'm in the minority on this one, so I can't help but wonder if it's just me! LOL  Maybe I'm distracted or I'm missing something...it's good so far, just not great.  Maybe the second half will amaze me...here's hoping. 

So that's my week in books---hope everyone has a great week coming up! 
 

10 comments :

  1. The Mirk and Midnight Hour sounds great. She really has the best covers for her books so far :D I actually don't mind losing an hour of sleep when it means the weather will change, haha. Waking up with the sun is much easier for me, even when I have less sleep.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome books this week….I am especially interested in Kissing in Italian.That one looks like a lot of fun! Enjoy all of your books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul! I'm reading Don't Even Think About It right now and enjoying it. I liked The Winner's Curse but don't think it quite lived up to the hype for me either. Come see what I added to my stacks at Inside of a Dog and Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so looking forward to Don't Even Think About It.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, I have not read any of these. But they look really pretty! <3 I hope you enjoy them all. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in central Canada so I don't have to worry about changing my clocks, but now my tv shows & things are at different times haha. Great haul this week! The Mirk and Midnight Hour looks and sounds pretty cool! Have an awesome week (:

    Cyn @ Bookmunchies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, great week! :) I'm excited to read The Mirk and Midnight Hour--I really liked Strands of Bronze and Gold and I'm hoping I'll like this one even better. And I've wanted to read The Holders for a while, and now maybe I should, since it was one of your favorites last year. :)

    Enjoy your books and have a great week Becky!
    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always been curious about Kissing In Italian...hope it's a good one!!
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked Don't Even Think About It. I definitely want a finished copy, although I'll probably wait until it comes out in trade PB. I did like the Winner's Curse, but didn't LOVE it. The second half does definitely pick up, so maybe you'll enjoy it more once the action starts. The Mirk and Midnight Hour looks really good. I'm looking forward to that one. Great haul this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never Ending has a great cover. The Mirk and Midnight Hour sounds amazing! Hope you enjoy them all!

    Ugh, Daylight Saving...I'm going to feel like a zombie all week, until I start adjusting the new time.

    ReplyDelete