Saturday, February 22, 2014

New Shelf Goodies & The Weekly Nutshell {78}

For New Shelf Goodies, I'll be showing you what lovely books I acquired this week, whether from publishers, or the library, or from whatever half-crazed book-buying binge I happened to go on. :D (Inspired by Tynga's Stacking the Shelves) The Weekly Nutshell will be just that...my week here at Stories & Sweeties, in a nutshell. (inspired by Ginger @ GReads and her recaps at the end of the TGIF posts)

A lovely book week, small but sparkly!!
 I WoW'd this book awhile back, so I was very excited to get it. This is completely different from Revolution (the author's first book), but I hope it blows me away just as completely!
I'm such a sucker for fun packaging.  I was already super excited about this one, but actually squealed at the sight of it wrapped in a gingham box and ribbon with a special letter from The Revolutionary Order of the Wicked!
Boarding school setting, murder, and ghosts...just couldn't pass this one up when it was offered! 

Huge thanks to Disney, HarperTeen (via SF Book Review), and Soho Teen for these! 

13 comments :

  1. Ohh, jealous about Deep Blue. Looking so so pretty :D I hope you enjoy everything sweetie. <3 Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *quietly covets Dorothy Must Die* SUCH an awesome haul! I'm pretty keen on Dorothy. ;) Some writers just have the most brilliant imaginations ever. My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liv Forever, first I've heard of this but I'm a complete sucker for books that take place in boarding schools :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still waiting to see if I get approve for Deep Blue. Dorothy Must Die looks really cute.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice looking books. I hope you enjoy them all. Come see what I got this week at Inside of a Dog (Adult Books) and Ms. Martin Teaches Media (YA books). Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dorothy Must Die. You lucky duck! I cannot wait for that one, and that packaging is adorable. Great haul and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. DOROTHY MUST DIE! *flails* So excited for that book and Deep blue looks good. Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dorothy Must Die sounds so awesome and I love the cute packaging! I love the cover of Deep Blue too. Hope you enjoy all your new books!

    Cyn @ Book Munchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dorothy Must Die!!!!!!!!!! That's all I need to say!
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  10. *stares at Deep Blue* - seriously, that book looks and sounds fabulous! I hope you love it :)

    Dorothy Must Die sounds intriguing too. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, fun week! I can't decide if I want to read Deep Blue or not, but it sure is pretty! And the packaging for Dorothy Must Die is FANTASTIC! Plus it just looks fantastic. :) I hope you enjoy your books Becky! :)

    ReplyDelete