Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It lets us all gush about what soon-to-be released books we are jumping-up-and-down excited for.
Tumble & Fall
by Alexandra Coutts

hitting shelves September 17th, 2013 from Farrar, Staus, & Giroux

description: A novel about the end of days full of surprising beginnings

The world is living in the shadow of oncoming disaster. An asteroid is set to strike the earth in just one week’s time; catastrophe is unavoidable. The question isn’t how to save the world—the question is, what to do with the time that's left? Against this stark backdrop, three island teens wrestle with intertwining stories of love, friendship and family—all with the ultimate stakes at hand.

Alexandra Coutts's TUMBLE & FALL is a powerful story of courage, love, and hope at the end of the world.


My thoughts: Ok granted this concept has been done twice in recent movies, one that I absolutely haaaaated (Melancholia) and one that I actually kinda loved (Seeking a friend for the end of the world), it occurs to me that this theme can be done in so many ways, and I can't wait to see the YA-take on it!  Gorgeous cover, also... can't overlook that!

18 comments :

  1. I saw this featured on another blog a few weeks ago and added it to my To Read list. Like you said, there's so many directions this could go. I'm really intrigued

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I want to read this. One one hand - I love the sound of it and I love the cover. But.. what if the world is not saved and alle die? I would be too devastated to be honest..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the cover but it feels like 50-50 for me too. I agree there with Danny. I think I'll check the response to this book before reading it. Great pick, either way :)

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want this book so baaaaaaaad! I agree, a YA take on this concept sounds really interesting. Great pick! :)

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, LOVE this cover! And second, this sounds like it could be pretty interesting! My boyfriend and I were talking about this kind of topic the other day and it was totally creeping me out haha. I definitely want to look into this book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving the flying books and cupcakes! SO nice.

    Oh and the book. It looks like one for the books ;) Now added to my never ending list of TBR!

    Mad Scientist @ Steampunkery & Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really loved Seeking a Friend for the End of the World. The two main actors are ones I love too, though, so that helps.

    This sounds pretty interesting. It is a topic that can be done in a variety of ways!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm jealous that you're reading In the Shadow of Blackbirds! That was my WoW last week!! also, your pick this week is phenomenal!

    New Follower <3!
    Beth | The Reading Vixens [Formerly YA Vixens]
    The Reading Vixens!
    Vixen's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard great things about this book, and that cover is fantastic!

    Kat
    www.katsbookbuzz.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds really good! I'll definitely have to check this one out when it releases. Great pick! :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice pick! Love the cover and the story sounds really interesting, I just added it to my TBR list.
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hadn't heard of this before, but wow, what an amazing cover! This is definitely going on my TBR list, thanks!

    Here's my pick this week: http://justacouplemorepages.com/2013/03/27/waiting-on-wednesday-the-summer-i-became-a-nerd/

    ReplyDelete
  13. That us a gorgeous cover and the story sounds great. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOw, that cover is stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, that cover is so pretty! I love it. Seems like an amazing book :) Hope you love it ;)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cover for such a sad book. It would be interesting to see what these characters do with their last days but also sad. With only a little bit of time left I'm guessing a lot of chaos and honesty since there isn't anything left to lose. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete