Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It lets us all gush about what soon-to-be released books we are jumping-up-and-down excited for.

Bewitching
by Alex Finn

hitting shelves February 14th, 2011 from HarperTeen

description: Kendra Hilferty, the witch who curses Kyle Kingsbury in Beastly, tells about her immortal existence—how she discovered she was a witch and the various ways she has used her powers to help people throughout the centuries. (Unfortunately her attempts have often backfired.) As it turns out, Kendra has actually had a hand in "Hansel and Gretel," "The Princess and the Pea," and "The Little Mermaid"—but these are not the fairy tales you think you know! Kendra’s reminiscences are wrapped around a real-time version of "Cinderella," except the “ugly” stepsister is the good guy. With dark twists, hilarious turns, and unexpected endings, Bewitching is a contemporary read for fairy-tale lovers, fantasy fans, and anyone looking for more Alex Flinn.

My thoughts: I really enjoyed Beastly (the book, haven't seen the movie) and absolutely love whole twisted fairy tale concept, so this one is going to be right up my alley! Kendra was an intriguing part of Beastly, so it will be awesome to get some backstory on her. Gorgeous cover, too!

17 comments :

  1. Great pick! This one sounds interesting. I haven't read beastly yet but did see the movie (although I heard it isn't anything like the book?). Maybe I'll pick up beastly to read. And yes, I totally agree with you...gorgeous cover!

    Van @ Shortandsweetreviews.blogspot.com

    Now following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Beastly yet, but I really love the sound of this. And I love the cover, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed Alex Flinn's other books so I have this on my TBR list too. Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for this! I had no idea it was coming out until your WOW. Thank you for featuring it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Looooove the cover for this!! I can't wait to read it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good one, and agree about the gorgeous cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read Beastly, but this sounds pretty captivating. I love the cover too. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, I didn't even know about this. I really liked Beastly, so I'm definitely adding this to my list. GREAT pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. O I want this too! I can't wait to learn more about her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had no idea about this! I haven't read Beastly yet, but I have seen the movie and I definitely thought Kendra was one of the more interesting characters. Great pick! :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooooh, I didn't know this one was a bout Kendra now I definitely want to read it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great book! Thanks for sharing, I'm going to add it to my wishlist right now! :D
    This is My WoW.

    BTW, I'm hosting three giveaways in my blog and two of them are international (the other one is just for Europe), just click HERE and feel free to enter :D

    Hugs,

    Alaiel

    ReplyDelete
  13. This book sounds so cool and interesting! Even though the girl on the cover doesn't look anything like Mary Kate Olsen, lol! Anyway, it's definitely one that I'm going to have to read! Thanks for sharing :)

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love books that are fairytale twists!! I am gonna have to check out beastly and then this one. I love her dress! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg that's awesome!! i had no idea this was coming out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh this looks interesting and it has a great cover as well. Thanks for sharing :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete